The Itasca County Pickleball Association (ICPA) was formed in 2015 with the adoption of by-laws and an election of a Board of Directors.
Our current officers and directors are: President- Don Carlson, Vice President- Denny Perreault, Secretary- Donna Hartung, Treasurer- Carol Perrott and Membership Director- Jim Martinetto. Elections for President and Treasurer will take place at our annual meeting in June 2020.
Last year the ICPA had 129 dues paying members, an increase from the previous year. We anticipate continued growth in our membership, due to the growth of pickleball nationwide.
We are very proud of our accomplishments in our few years of existence. These accomplishments would not have been possible without the hard work, dedication and passion of many people within our organization. We thank everyone who has helped in so many ways.
Some of our accomplishments include:
• Coordinated and scheduled area pickleball venues at Portage Park, Cohasset Community Center, Grussendorf Park and the Itasca County Family YMCA.
• Organized and hosted the Lakes & Loons Pickleball Tournaments every year in September from 2016 through 2019. Players come from the Itasca County area, greater Minnesota and numerous other states. Many of the players compete in more than one event.
• Beginner PB lessons, mid-level PB skills & drills and PB socials throughout the summer and fall season.
• ICPA website grandrapidspickleball.com provides information about our organization and related events.
• Formed an implementation committee to construct an outdoor court facility at the YMCA. This was a collaboration between the Itasca County Pickleball Association, City of Grand Rapids, Itasca County Family YMCA and the Grand Rapids Area Basketball Association. The new venue includes 6 pickleball courts, a basketball court and four square courts. Our fundraising goal has been $325,000.00. Groundbreaking occurred in October 2017 followed by a dedication and opening of the new courts in July 2018.
• Your membership and support is very important for the continued growth and development of PB in the Itasca County area. We have set a goal to increase our membership every year going forward.
Please join us as we continue this exciting journey!
ITASCA COUNTY PICKLEBALL ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:
• Balls / Nets / Loaner Paddles
• Lessons / Skills & Drills
• Social Events
• Organized Play At Scheduled Times
• Friendly Competitive Club Events
• Voting Privileges
• Storage Facility Code For Equipment Use At Our Venue Sites
• Email Updates
• Association News via Website, Including By- Laws and Meeting Minutes
• “Weekly PB TipBits” Training Info by Email